January kicked off our seven month chakra-focused series with the root. February is all about our second chakra; the Sacral.
The Sacral Chakra: Svadisthasna. Located two inches below the navel. The Sacral Chakra is responsible for your sexuality, emotions and creativity. The color is a beautiful, vibrant orange.
There are so many ways to balance, open and restore the Sacral Chakra. We are encouraging you to use poses (obviously), aromatherapy, meditation at beginning or end of class, chanting or whatever you feel brings the best energy and healing to the Svadisthasana Chakra!
Check out this website for TONS of great info on the second chakra:
To open and balance the second chakra, introduce forward bends, standing, seated, and twist asanas to your practice. Some examples of yoga poses for the Swadhisthana chakra are:
- Wide-Angle Seated Forward Bend (Upavistha Konasana) — As this pose stimulates the abdominal organs it also strengthens the spine and opens the second chakra.
- Cow Face (Gomukhasana) — This seated and twist position stretches your chest, arms, shoulders, legs, and core to stimulate and balance energy flow through the second energy center.
- One-Legged King Pigeon (Eka Pada Rajakapotasana) — This variation of the pigeon asana stimulates the abdominal organs while stretching the chest, shoulders, and abdomen to allow for the healthy flow of energy through the second chakra.
- Bound Angle (Baddha Konasana) — Bound angle stimulates the abdominal organs to dispel energy imbalance and open the second energy center.
- Revolved Triangle (Parivrtta Trikonasana) — A variation of triangle, this asana stimulates the abdominal organs to activate the sacral chakra while stretching the spine, hips, and legs.
- Full Boat (Paripurna Navasana) — This seated asana strengthens your core which allows for activation of, and healthy energy flow through, the second chakra.
- Chair (Utkatasana) — Adopting this standing pose, which strengthens the abdomen and stimulates abdominal organ function, allows for the opening and activation of the second chakra.
Essential Oils for Balancing the Sacral Chakra